dimecres, 14 de maig del 2008

Interview

- Journalist: Hello! Today we have with us, in Blue Earth magazine, the leader of the Tuareg clan that lives in the Sahara desert. His name is Buba, and he’s going to explain us some things of their way of life. Hello Buba! Have you ever seen rain in the desert?
- Buba: Hello! No, I’ve never seen rain in Sahara, but my grandfather told me that when he was young he saw rain twice. I only see some clouds in the sky, but I never see rain.
- J: Have you and your clan ever had problems to have water?
- B: During the year we have water, but in the summer, sometimes, we have some problems because water is evaporing easily.
- J: It’s true that in a bottled fossil water pumped from underground the is a clean, refreshing and mineral water?
- B: Oh yes! It’s the best water in Egypt. A long time ago the most important people of the country went to the Sahara and took away the water, but now some organizations like Greenpeace protect de place.
- J: On a study of Jennifer Smith, a geologist a Washington University in St. Louis, says that in the past Sahara was a green place, with a lot of water, where the hippopotamuses can live. Do you think that in the future Sahara can be again time a green place?
- B: Well, for me this idea is very strange. I’ve always seen the Sharara like a desert and I can’t imagine a green place there. But I think that is possible if the experts considered this option.
- J: Well Buba, that’s all. I hope that this interview helps people to know better the tuareg clans. Thanks for all.
- B: Thanks! Bye!